If you have an email address (which most of us have), you would have received hundreds of emails saying how to become a millionaire or a billionaire. Unfortunately, making money online is not that easy. No one in this world is crazy enough to give you money for doing nothing. Or as the popular adage says, “There Ain’t No Such Thing As A Free Lunch”.
It is true that you can’t make money by doing nothing, but if you are willing to spend some effort then you can surely start making good money from the internet. But you should know to do the right thing at the right time. I am going to introduce you to some easy money making opportunities in the internet.
Forum posting can provide you multiple sources of income. Inorder for a forum to succeed, there should be a large number of users. But it is a universal truth that people tend to join only active forum. Hence to lure new users into joining, many forum admins start giving out incentives just for posting. These include
- Revenue Sharing – A portion of the revenue from the site is shared with its users. This is done by showing the users ads in the forum occassionally. Most of the revenue sharing forums require you to have a Google Adsense account for joining revenue sharing. The Digital Point was the first site to test this idea and it turned out to be a huge success.
- Signature Sale – Most of the forums allow you to append a text of 250 – 350 characters at the end of every post you make. Since forum caters to highly targeted audience this space can act as a very efficient advertisment space. Hence there is a increasing tendency among forum users to sell the space as signature link, rather than use it to advertise their own sites. Usually the rate is calculated depending on the importance of the forum, the reputation of the user, the number of posts made by the user per day and the total number of posts made by the user. Normally the rate is $0.01 per post for a month. ie, if you have 1000 posts, then you can make $10 every month. If you are a consistant poster, this can become a very good source of income.
- Pay Per Post – This is the last resort by forum owners to increase their user base. Almost all new forums enforce this now-a-days. The user is paid a certain amount of money, something between $0.01 to $0.1, for each post he makes. This won’t be a constant source of income, as all the forums will stop it after they start getting a good amount of natural traffic.
- Rewards / Awards – This is another promotion technique by forum owners. Awards are given out at the end of every month / year in different categories like Top Contributor, Most Helpful user etc.
AGLOCO stands for A GLObal COmmunity.
AGLOCO’s story is simple:
Do you realize how valuable you are? Advertisers, search providers and online retailers are paying billions to reach you while you surf. How much of that money are you making? NONE! AGLOCO thinks you deserve a piece of the action.AGLOCO collects money from those companies on behalf of its members. (For example, Google currently pays AOL 10 cents for every Google search by an AOL user. And Google still has enough profit to pay $1.6 billion dollars for YouTube, an 18-month old site full of content that YouTube’s users did not get paid for!
AGLOCO will work to get its Members their share of this and more.
AGLOCO is building a new form of online community that they call an Economic Network. They are not only paying Members their fair share, but they’re building a community that will generate the kind of fortune that YouTube made. But instead of that wealth making only a few people rich, the entire community will get its share.
What’s the catch?
No catch – no spyware, no pop-ups and no spam – membership and software are free and AGLOCO is 100% member owned. Privacy is a core value and AGLOCO never sells or rents member information.
What is it that you have to do?
Nothing. Download the viewbar available from your Agloco account page and browse the web normally as you do. Ads will be shown on the viewbar and you get money depending on the number of hours you browse the web with the viewbar running.
This is another way to start making money from the internet. There are many popular free blogging sites which allow you to start your own blog. All you need is an email address. How does blogging earn you revenue? There are again several ways.
- Affiliate Marketing – Affiliate marketing refers to promotion of products. You can write reviews about different products and use your affiliate link / id. If people read your review and like the product, they will most probably use your affiliate link for buying the product and you will get your commission.
- Advertisement and Banners – You can run banners and advertisements on your site. They can be pay per click (PPC) or pay per impressions (PPM) ads. Blogspot has a widget for including Adsense ads on your site.
- Paid Blogging – This is not for starters. If you have an established blog with a very large number of bloggers, people will pay you to blog about their site / product. But inorder for people to contact you, you need to have a large user base. Others can get clients by announcing the service at popular forums like DigitalPoint.
Here I have shared some of the methods. I will try to tell you about more such methods when I get time. And please keep in mind that you won’t be able to make money by sitting idle. Always think about new ideas and how to make them practical.